Monday, November 28, 2016

Corralitas Drive: Soaring

Photo: Gary Vlahakis, November 25, 2016.  Red Tailed Hawk over Corralitas Drive.  (Click on photo to enlarge.) 

Vlahakis texted, "I was loading the car and this GIANT shadow passed over me and I knew it was the one I've been trying to capture for some time...luckily he cruised for a couple of minutes."  I know how hard it is to get those great wildlife shots espcially when it's your personal white whale - the big Red Tail like this one or in my case - Cooper's Hawks.  You keep a camera handy and are quick to shoot, edit later.  With soaring shots you get a lot of blue sky and blurred birds.  It's so much easier now than the days when you had to waste a lot of film to get a great shot.  It's still a huge challenge and so satisfying to come up with a gem like this photo.  Thanks for sharing Gary!