Saturday, November 3, 2012
Photo: Ralph Morris. Fletcher Viaduct looking north on Riverside Drive. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
Different sources date the above photo at any year between 1904, when the viaduct was constructed, to 1914. The house sits on the current site of Home Restaurant, formerly Rudolpho's. In the 1950's, Currie's Ice Cream Shop occupied the location. The hillside in the background is Waverly Drive. The viaduct was over 453 feet long and over 40 feet high. Learn more about the Glendale Line on The Electric Railway Historical Association's website.
Photo: Diane Edwardson, August 22, 2008. Riverside Drive, matches photo above. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
*This post was originally published August 22, 2008.