Monday, November 12, 2012

Semi Tropic Spiritualists' Tract: Red Tail Hawk Hunting On Allesandro

Photo: Diane Edwardson, November 11, 2012, 12:30 PM.  While driving up Allesandro, between Riverside and Rosebud, I saw a rather large hawk land on the telephone wires.  (Click on photos to enlarge.)
 
It looked like the same hawk I've seen flying lazy, slow, low altitude, almost casual circles over nearby backyards as well as the south end of the Red Car Property in the past week.  This time I was able to snap a few photos with my cell phone.  
Photo: Diane Edwardson, November 11, 2012, 12:31PM.  The hawk was focused on the slope behind him, when I managed to grab a shot just as he made a dive toward the slope.  I don't know if it was a successful hunt. 
 
Learn more about Red Tailed Hawks: Cornell Lab of Ornithology