Friday, September 21, 2012

Red Car Neighborhood: Space Shuttle Flyby, It Was A Lot Cooler Than I Thought It Would Be




Photo: Diane Edwardson, September 21, 2012, 11:57AM.  To my surprise it flew right up the 5  Freeway, past my house, on it's first flyover heading to Griffith Park.  (Click on photos to enlarge.)

 

 
Photo: Jonathan Vandiveer, Jonathan got some awesome shots from Riverside Place.

Photo: Diane Edwardson.  Riverside Place neighbor, Gil, stayed home from work to watch the Shuttle fly by.


Photo: Jonathan Vandiveer.  You could hear the excited shouts of neighbors as the shuttle flew by. 
 
Since I had a higher vantage point, I let the Riverside Place neighbors knew which way it was coming back over.  It was more fun than I thought it would be.
 
How close was it? 
Photo: Jonathan Vandiveer.  Close enough to get this shot from his backyard rooftop!
Photo: Jonathan Vandiveer.  Who needs Griffith Park?  We should have held a photo op on the Red Car Property.
Photo: Diane Edwardson.  Space Shuttle over Silver Ridge.
 
See more photos from other parts of the Eastside: The Eastsider