Saturday, September 17, 2011

Image Quality: Apologies To Our Daily Readers

Photo: Diane Edwardson, September 4, 2011.  Clouds over Glassell Park remind me of Mary-Austin Klein paintings.  (Click on photo to enlarge.) 

If it seems like our image quality has been deteriorating lately, you are absolutely right.  Blogger is automatically inserting code to decrease the sharpness of the images in each post.  As a photographer, this is extremely frustrating.  As a reader, I don't want to see blurry images either. 

Until the past few days, if you clicked on the image, it would display properly enlarged and sharp.   When this changed, I went searching for answers.  While I found the answer to the sharpness issue, I still have not resolved how it chooses to enlarge each photo, particularly in multi-photo posts. 

I've changed the image quality in some recent posts.  However, many photos posted within the past few months will remain out of focus on the main page.  I simply cannot go back through and change a small line of code in every photo.  The code will be edited in older posts as the topic becomes important.  If the photo is blurry, try clicking on each photo to improve their display quality. 

Again, my sincerest apologies to our daily readers.  The images may take longer to download, but the quality will be so much better.