Sunday, March 14, 2010
Photo: Diane Edwardson, March 7, 2010. Non-native Lion's Ear (Leonotis) grows at the mouth of Red Car Canyon where it opens into the meadow at the Corralitas end of the Red Car Property. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
The Corralitas Red Car Property was a private right-of-way through Silver Lake (Los Angeles) for the Pacific Electric interurban streetcar. The “Big Red Cars” ran until 1955 when the Glendale Line was decommissioned for freeway construction. For almost 40 years, a series of developers tried and failed to develop the Corralitas Red Car Property.
It's not a park, it just looks like one.