Saturday, December 19, 2009
Photo: Diane Edwardson, December 19, 2009. Delayed by the rain for a week, DWP cut down the remaining trees near their transmission towers at 2333 Fletcher at Riverside Drive. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
The Corralitas Red Car Property was a private right-of-way through Silver Lake (Los Angeles) for the Pacific Electric interurban streetcar. The “Big Red Cars” ran until 1955 when the Glendale Line was decommissioned for freeway construction. For almost 40 years, a series of developers tried and failed to develop the Corralitas Red Car Property.
It's not a park, it just looks like one.