Sunday, March 15, 2009
Photo: Diane Edwardson, March 7, 2009. There are tiny wildflowers all over the Red Car Property. These were between Adelbert and the Viaduct Footings. (Click on photo to enlarge.)
The Corralitas Red Car Property was a private right-of-way through Silver Lake (Los Angeles) for the Pacific Electric interurban streetcar. The “Big Red Cars” ran until 1955 when the Glendale Line was decommissioned for freeway construction. For almost 40 years, a series of developers tried and failed to develop the Corralitas Red Car Property.
It's not a park, it just looks like one.